Saturday, January 21, 2012

Getting Started

This will be my fourth attempt at a blog ... will I write it this time? Who knows.  Hopefully, I will.  I'm happier when I write.

My first blog attempt was a windows spaces thing.  I did that for a month or two and lost interest.  Then I tried something through MobileMe, and had fun but our trial subscription ran out and I didn't have enough fun to renew it for $100/year.  Then finally,  I've had two WordPress blogs.  One of those actually had a lot of readers for awhile, anywhere from 800 - 4,000 a day.  I got some sponsors and made enough money to pay for my own domain and a professional template.  My mistake was getting sponsors.  The second someone was paying me to write the content, I started thinking of it as a second job and then it wasn't fun anymore.  I quit doing it the second my sponsors' purchased time was up.

I just want to write and those who know me know that I always have something to say, so blogging seems to be a good fit.

In the next year, I hope to write my first novel.  This blog will, in part, chronicle that adventure.  My wife and I are also about to have our FIFTH child, so that's bloggable too.  I'm about to embark on an adventure with P90X2 and that will be a task that I'll touch upon from time to time.  There's an ongoing Presidential election, and I may hit on that a bit.

At any rate, we'll see what comes of it.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment